Sunday, January 2, 2011

Upgrades!

Ok so when we initially chose what upgrades we'd get for the Picasso, we were careful about what we added and what we could simple add later. I think we did a pretty good job, but there is one thing I regret. I got rid of the crown molding! Every since I got rid of it, I can't stop thinking about it!!! My Husband and I figured, well we haven't had our pre-construction meeting yet (which is hopefully next week) so we thought we'd give a try in hopes of adding it back without penalty. Our saleslady said she would try to work it out for us so we didn't have to pay the $200 late fee. Here's hoping we can get it back for free!!!

The other upgrades we got, we are happy with so far. Here is the big ones I can remember off hand:
Fireplace
Upgraded kitchen appliances (not stainless steel, but the next best thing)
"Cherry" wood style cabinets (no knobs)
heavy pound carpet
model bathroom
ceiling fan wires
colomns in formal dining room

We DID NOT go with the bathroom on the first floor!!
I felt like the layout of the condo did not permit a bathroom on the first floor. It is entirely too close to the kitchen and dining room table!! Could you imagine having a nice dinner with friends and family and someone having to excuse themselves?? Not only would we be exposed to all sorts of unwelcomed sounds at the dinner table but I don't even want to think of the smell!! LOL I felt like it wasn't worth the 6K and there are also two bathrooms upstairs.

I've been debating over what to buy first for the condo. At first I wanted to buy a beautiful chandelier to decorate around the formal dining room. A Chandelier has beena childhood dream of mine. But I'm thinking the best thing to buy first is a bench to put in the stair case coming up form the front door. There are a lot of steps in the Picasso and a bench might be needed! THere's so much to choose from and we are so excited!

Here's hoping we don't have to pay to get the crown molding back and we set our pre-construction meeting for sometime this week. Anyone have any tips for the pre-construction meeting?? Any tips or advice are welcome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment