Tuesday, January 11, 2011

HGTV Addictions...and after Pre-Con Meeting!!!

Before I get into the nitty gritty of the Pre-Con meeting, I just noticed that the tv is either tuned to HGTV or DiY!!!!!! (anyone seen Vanilla Ice's new show?? LOL I actually like it!) This home buying process is so exciting and I can't wait to start sprucing the place up!

Ok, so Pre-Con was today and I was sooo nervous! I spoke to a friend of mine who bought new (not with Ryan) who gave me a lot of questions to ask at the meeting which was a HUGE help. Biggest decision we made was the position of the TV outlet. I think we spent about 20 minutes alone trying to decide if we should put the outlet over the fireplace or on the wall next to the fireplace!! We decided to place it on the wall next to the fireplace for the following reasons:
-we didn't want to risk the radiating heat from the fireplace causing long term damage to the televsion
-it would have been waaaaay high (fireplace is kind of tall)
-the position of the TV from the 'cable outlet' is on the actual wall and cannot be moved (another standard that comes with Ryan condos), so there would be wires running all over the wall to the fireplace. Some people would be ok with this...WE are not

Overall I think it was a good decision and we're happy with it.

Only not so good news is that groundbreaking could be pushed back a 1-3 more weeks. They have ONE more unit to sell in the building before the Project Manager can start building. Boooooooooooooo!!!!!! They keep assurring us that ground breaking is soon, so I won't lose faith just yet. I would really like to be in our new home before the dead heat of summer...so hear's to all going well. Right now, it's looking like the month of May.

2 comments:

  1. hahahhahahahha...yall sound like me and corey!!! We only watch either HGTV OR DIY also...and yes we watch the vanilla ice project..We chose to put the outlet over the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ladies, I must say I am addicted to HGTV and DIY myself have been for a while I tried several projects some went well others a disaster :). I LOVE IT it makes me feel like I can do anything in regards to home projects. I to like the vanilla Ice project.
    these shows have given me so many ideas. I have decided to tile my master bath myself, can't wait. Oh yeah I decided to place the outlet above the fireplace also install the tv tube thingy.

    ReplyDelete